High School Students Released During Probe Of Threat

After receiving a questionable report about the campus on Lewis Foster Drive this morning, the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office evacuated Half Moon Bay High School. We’re letting the kids out for the day.

To conduct an investigation, police were urged by school officials not to enter the high school. Superintendent Sean McPhetridge of the Cabrillo Unified School District said that as of 11 a.m.,

Sheriff’s deputies had arrived on campus with specially trained dogs and were performing a comprehensive sweep of the campus.

Public Information Officer Javier Acosta of the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office stated the search for a device was called off at 12:30 p.m. when deputies found nothing suspicious.

High School Students Released During Probe Of Threat

McPhetridge announced that the school would release kids early due to the event. In his opinion, the missed school day wouldn’t have to be made up before the school year’s conclusion later this month because there was no end-of-year testing scheduled for today.

It was “out of an abundance of caution” that the Sheriff’s Office decided to evacuate the school this morning, he added, after a parent or community member contacted to report a threat. At first, the pupils were herded onto the fields surrounding the schools.

Half Moon Bay Review, a Twitter page, shared a tweet with the statement: Authorities are still keeping people a safe distance from HMBHS after a threat was called in this morning.

McPhetridge stated that the school had investigated and dealt with an earlier threat with the Sheriff’s Office.

“In previous weeks, we talked to students and they said it was a joke or a game and it wasn’t considered credible,” According to McPhetridge, no pupils were punished as a result of the initial probe.

Continue reading the most recent posts we are covered on this site:

At first, whether or not today’s occurrence is connected to the previous probe was unclear.

A student named Natalie Serrano waited on the football field with other students before departing campus via Lewis Foster Drive. “They said it was a drill at first,” she added.
“And so we sat down and everyone was talking and saying it was a bomb threat. … That is why I started getting nervous and I was freaking out and my parents were texting me and asking if I was OK.”
“I didn’t know what was going on, so I was confused,” she stated.
Gianna Sautter, a fellow student, remarked that it took some time for a strategy to develop.
“It began as a rumor and then eventually our teachers started opening up to us telling us that … it turns out there was a bomb threat that was called in,” she also says. “So we had to stay there until they got it all figured out.”
Pick-up arrangements were made more difficult because several pupils were told to abandon their backpacks containing telephones. The New Leaf Community Market parking lot and the area around Main Street and Lewis Foster were popular gathering spots for families.
McPhetridge observed that occurrences like these have become commonplace.

“Every now and then we are going to have a bomb threat and this is just our day,” he stated.

Leave a comment